Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 3: Mistle "Toes" Christmas Gifts

During a road trip, I was browsing pinterest and saw a super cute idea post (here) and immediately decided that was something I wanted to recreate for some Christmas gifts.  I just loved the saying and loved the idea of making a mini-pedicure in a bag.  Plus, it looked so easy and fun!


I used my Silhouette cutter with white glitter paper to create the tag and two other papers for the background.  The dimensions of each paper is approximately:
  • Top layer (white glitter): 2" high x 6.25" wide (I cut the rectangle after the words had been cut)
  • 2nd layer (solid blue): 2.5" high x 6.5" wide
  • Bottom layer (glitter polka dot): 6" high x 7" wide.  This piece folds in half and sandwiches the bag opening.
In each bag (small clear gift basket bags, Michael's) I put:
  • True Blue Foot Cream (Bath & Body Works)
  • Opi Nail Polish (color chosen specifically for each gal)
  • Nail Files (I found some really cute ones at Bath & Body Works before Christmas)
  • Pedi Scrub Foot Buffer, Lavender Aromatherapy scent (Amazon.com)



This gift was fun to make, fun to give, and would be super fun to receive!  I'm planning on using this idea again, but with different sayings.  Here are a few ideas:
  • Mother's Day:
    • "Hands down, You're the best!"  
    • "Thanks for always holding my hand!"
  • Teacher Appreciation: "Thank you for helping to 'polish' our student's skills!"
  • Birthday/Just Because: "Never let anyone dull your sparkle!" (include glitter polish too)


Can't wait to give this gift again!



No comments:

Post a Comment